mostly pictures of the kids, maybe some links, and probably some music.

Thursday, February 03, 2011

Onna Ground

So the plane was on time, Immigration, customs and baggage retrieval worked like a charm, I followed the signs for the 'long range bus' and got a ticket without a hitch. Got on the bus and promptly fell asleep. So when I woke up and we were at a stop, and some people were getting off and some were staying on, and i was befuddled and sleep deprived and I had a bit of a panic attack. I breathed myself through it, figured that all would be well and went back to sleep. Turns out I was right, all was well, they kicked the rest of us off the bus in the centre of Suzhou. I managed to score a taxi, use the translations provided by Fang to let the taxi driver know where I was going, and she was SUPER helpful. Well, she only needed to be super helpful because she didn't really know where we were going, but she didn't give up, and eventually we found the right campus, and the guard at the gate was helpful and let her drive her taxi onto campus, and then these two international student women were helpful and used the Mandarin they had to convince the driver to do what I could not seem to convince her to do, which was drive south, and then who should come walking out of the darkness but Morag. I made it, I am in her room, I have eaten rice and greens, we have packed for tomorrow and now I am going to sleep for a while. I am one lucky fellow, people are really nice to me. Nicci and Jemima for letting me go, Joy for helping them out so that I could go, the woman beside me on the plane who answered my questions about where to find the bus at the airport, the nice guy across the aisle from me on the bus who told me to wait one more stop, the patient taxi driver and the happy gate guard, finally my super smart big girl for agreeing to put up with me. I am lucky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home