mostly pictures of the kids, maybe some links, and probably some music.

Friday, October 20, 2006

A Tree Fell On Our House




I don’t know about the rest of the world, but Toronto has been rainy, windy, grey and broody for the last week or so. Winnie the Pooh might have described it as blustery, and I don’t think he would have been too far off the mark.

I don’t know about the rest of you, but my house is surrounded on all sides by big old maple trees. Norway Maples to be precise and they are all at least middle aged. (Oh if only they could be Finnish Maples – Finland is way better than Norway.)

Now I don’t know about the rest of you, but I am no math genius. I don’t think you have to be a genius though to know what you get when you add blustery weather to middle aged crappy maples.

Yep about a third of a Norway Maple lost the war against gravity the other evening and landed SMACK right on top of our nicely newly done roof. Sweet.

We called the city first thing in the morning and the limb was gone before noon. The workers left us info in case we wanted to file a damage claim and just the tiniest pile of sawdust. Tax money well spent.

I haven’t been up on the roof yet myself to see if there is any real repairable damage, N doesn’t like me wandering around on roofs or climbing on ladders. I think I will go into the attic and check from the inside.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you thank you thank you ;)
your blog always makes me laugh
rye

4:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home